In the badminton world, now and again a racket comes along that really does create a stir - for good or bad reasons. Enter the Voltric z force 2: a racket described by many as one of the best on the market - or potentially, one of the best rackets ever created.
It’s a huge statement to live up to, but, after playing with the z force 2, or even simply holding it - it’s pretty clear to see why it’s so highly renowned. This racket is the thinnest in Yonex history, with weight distributed at the top of the frame and the joint area to achieve incredible lightness without losing power and maneuverability. The z force 2 creates a smooth, effortless shape that delivers a smooth swinging frame and unbeatable power.
Curious to find out more? Keep reading to find out why this racket is getting so much attention right now...
The Yonex Voltric Z Force II Badminton Racket was launched before the All England Badminton Championships in Birmingham back in 2014. It’s known for being the racket of choice for Badminton World Number 1 Lee Chong Wei, replacing his original Voltric Z Force, and is used widely by professionals around the world.
The Voltric Z Force II is simple looking and a nod to the rackets of the mid-1980s before the days of gimmicky graphics and neon colors. Mainly black with a few blue details, the Z Force II is smart, sleek, and quietly confident, despite its plain appearance.
The main difference between this version and the original Z force, now discontinued, is that the original carried more weight at the top of the racket, whereas the Z Force II balances the weight between the top of the frame and the joint section.
OUR TOP PICK
There are a few stand-out features to this racket:
- The control support cap provides an 88% wider flat surface compared with an ordinary racquet for easier gripping, fast follow-through, and the sharp maneuverability
- To balance the heavy racket head, the frame has been made smaller to maintain a fast, powerful swing
- Air resistance is minimized by including the tip of the grommet inside the frame, to produce an ultra-smooth, air resistant shape that together with a heavy head delivers a smooth swinging frame with awesome power
- Tungsten infused grommets maximize the contact time between shuttle and string.
- The tri-voltage system ensures that the frame flexes in a controlled way
Extra-stiff shaft with nanometric technology
The Yonex Voltric Z Force II has an extra-stiff graphite shaft with nanometric carbon technology which results in a highly-aerodynamic, ultra-lightweight but super strong shaft that will deliver fast swings and strong, powerful shots.
The stiffness of the shaft provides excellent shock absorption and allows you to have complete control over every move.
Revolutionary Tri-voltage System
A stand-out feature to all of Voltric’s rackets - this system allows the frame to flex so you can get the speed and power required without compromising your overall control over the racket.
Elite players can achieve a fast swing thanks to the head-heavy frame of the Voltric Z Force II, which balances weight between the racquet head and the joint area for a lightweight feel without losing maneuverability.
Air resistance is also minimized thanks to the tip of the grommet being included inside the frame, which results in an ultra-smooth, air resistant shape that together with a heavy head, delivers a combination of a smooth swinging frame packed with speed and power.
The grommets are infused with Tungsten to maximize the contact time between shuttle and string, which together with the Tri-voltage system, ensures controlled flexibility and speed.
Clears: Throwing clears with the Voltric Z Force II feels effortless - they go smooth and far. The head-heavy frame with aerodynamic construction works hand-in-hand to provide speed, distance, and power.
Drives: the extra stiff shaft allows you to achieve ultimate speed when throwing drives.
Smashes: the racket is well-suited for powerful smashes thanks to the stiff shaft and head-heavy frame which offer a great combination of control and power so you can deliver unstoppable smashes.
Net Play: The racket’s combination of speed and power is well-suited for net skills, and the nanometric technology in the shaft allows you to achieve excellent accuracy without sacrificing power.
- Aerodynamically superior to the original Z force
- Ultra-powerful frame thanks to the extra-stiff shaft and nanometric technology - thinnest shaft in Yonex history!
- The Tri-voltage system allows you to achieve power and speed without compromising on control
- Tungsten-infused grommets for maximum contact time between the shuttle and strings and minimal air resistance
- The control support cap provides an 88% wider flat surface compared with an ordinary racquet for easier gripping, fast follow-through, and maximum maneuverability
- The sleek, simple design used by advanced players and professionals
- The sweet spot is harder to hit
- This racket can achieve such high speeds that only advance players will be able to maintain control over it
This racket from top-quality Yonex does not disappoint, and in our view, it supersedes its predecessor, the original Voltric Z Force due to its aerodynamically superior design and the ultimate combination of speed and power.
The Z Force II strikes a balance between being lightweight and fast yet still has the ionic strength required to achieve powerful shots.
The Z Force II has many great features, such as the thinnest shaft in Yonex history and the unique Tri Voltage system, which as a result, sets it apart from its competitors.
Wrapped up in a sleek, unfussy design, we think this racket has a quiet confidence that is unmatched by others on the market, and we believe that you will be too, as the combination of sophisticated design and the latest technology will take you from average to superior in no time at all.
Equipment isn’t everything, but your natural talent can only be amplified and furthered by a racket as elegant as the Z Force II.